Sunday, October 24, 2021

San Rafael Swell Scrambling

With injured fingers but with plenty of stoke for rock climbing, Vitor and I headed down to the Swell to tick off some climbs I’ve had my eye on for as long as I’ve known about the area. We left SLC at around 7 Friday night and climbed both climbs within half a day, arriving back in SLC around 7 Saturday night. The rock on 1200’ is laughably bad and there is virtually no way to protect some of the pitches. You can practically see through some of those holds. 1000’ on the other hand has good rock and makes for a great scramble. I’d do it again and probably without a rope, as it seems more like a liability than anything.


Anyhow, it was a great 24 hours in the Swell with a good homie. Here’s a video: 

https://youtu.be/LvBJzo5MDyQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baja Chronicles Pt. 4

 May 28-29 "Welp, we decided to punch it up north and hopefully find one last good Mexican wave before crossing the border.  Along the ...